The last time I took photographs [with real film] was with my Canon Rebel in or around the Spring of 1996. I was at an ice skating rink shooting a game of broom ball. For those of you that don't know what that is; I was scooching around on the ice in my Asics-- with my camera in hand. You might imagine that + holding a camera = bad idea jeans. After a hard fall, my camera was broken beyond repair. It was at point that I tucked away my notions of being a photographer. This is not to say I ever lost interest or that I stopped taking photos completely. Of course I've used my point and shoot to take a zillion shots that are now unhappily trapped on my computer. I have also recently been borrowing my friends' digital cams to take some "secret" shots-- which is most definitely one of my new favorite past times. But, I have only just now rediscovered my passion for photography. And I like this-- very much.
Back to my "new" camera... As I mentioned earlier, I celebrated my birthday recently. I decided to take my Diana out with me as well as my Lomo Fisheye. Needless to say, it was a bit of a raucous evening and not only could I not get my Diana working properly, I also believe that I busted my fisheye (this was in addition to losing my flip, but that's a whole other issue of leaving things sitting around, I am told.) At the beginning of my birthday month [because don't we all celebrate our b-days for the whole month?] I had purchased a Holga 135 BC as a going away gift for a friend. As luck would have it (and because they refuse to practice patience), they went ahead and got their own fun plastic camera. This left me with the painstaking task of returning said Holga as well as some other accessories I chose to go along with the camera. Return everything or keep it for myself? Go to all the trouble of printing out return slips, repacking everything, taking it all to the mail place, and then paying for the return OR just keep it for myself? I guess I don't need to tell you what I decided.Now if I can just get my Diana working...










No comments:
Post a Comment